FTDC imparts training in international trade and much more. Its mission is to contribute to the development of exports from India. To fulfill this mission, it helps exporters in promotion of their exports by identifying new products and new markets.
FTDC aims at strengthening the competitiveness of Indian exporters in foreign markets by offering various support services like displays of their products on FTDC’s official website, Collective Trade Fair Participation and Business Advisory services.
Participation in trade fairs in India and abroad is one of the most effective strategies to penetrate foreign markets. At FTDC, we realize the growing importance of Collective Trade Fair participation, thereby providing a platform to FTDC students to enhance the visage of their products at extremely low costs.
In an endeavour to advance exports of India's non-traditional products FTDC has selected students in the past to participate in International Trade Fairs in the markets of United States, Australia, Middle East and Scandinavia.
Recently, the Foreign Trade Development Centre collaborated with the Danish Import Promotion Office (Government of Denmark) and participated with FTDC students at the Scandinavia Furniture Fair held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This representation resulted in obtaining very good business, thereby serving as an inspiration for future selection of FTDC by DIPO for the coming fairs for different products exported from India. Recently, FTDC's participation with its students at the Ambiente India held by Messe Frankfurt in New Delhi proved very helpful to the participants in securing large business volumes.
The FTDC has established a Trade Information Centre (TIC) to meet the basic information needs of export firms. The TIC has on-line arrangements of trade information through its well established computerized infrastructure. The TIC provides information on :
• Latest trade enquiries from interested importers abroad.
• Sales Representatives /Agents abroad.
• Buying Agents in India.
• Overseas Trade Fairs.
• Opening Overseas Offices.
• Import tariff regulations in importing countries.
• Business Practices abroad.
• List of Manufacturers of exportable products.
The TIC disseminates information for all its participants of the training programmes on events organized by CBI (Centre for Promotion of Imports) Netherlands, ITC (International Trade Centre) Geneva and other trade promotion organizations.
Headed by Dr.K.L.Bhatia, the Project Consultancy Division (PCD) of the FTDC offers consulting and advisory services on select specialised areas including:
||• Identification of products for exports.
• Formulation of export projects with specified investments.
• Financing of export projects.
• Other on-line services during implementation stage.
• Strategy formulation for penetration into export markets.
• Assistance in arranging latest sampling for the product (s) identified for exports.
• Issues/problems relating to EXIM Policy and Procedures as well as other related policies.
• Collective Trade Fair Participation in India and abroad.